New Lenox Water Heater Services
Keep Your Family Safe with Water Heater Repair
Your water heater provides hot water for a variety of daily activities, including showers, washing dishes, laundry, and more. When water heaters begin to fail, it can impact several areas in your routine. That is why it is vital that your water heater receives some form of care maintenance to keep it at its peak performance. Aside from this, water heater maintenance is also an important safety element. When your water heater fails, a buildup of pressure in the tank can happen. This pressure can cause a major explosion that can significantly damage your home and injure your family.
Here are some signs to look out for to determine if you need water heater repair:
- Rusty water
- Noise from the water heater
- Less hot water available than usual
- Water around the water heater, which is a sign of leaks
If your water heater is ten years or older, however, you may want to consider a replacement. You can find the age of your water heater by looking for the manufacturer's sticker on the upper portion of the unit. The first three digits will be a letter and two numbers. The letter represents the month. For instance, a G is the seventh letter of the alphabet and represents July. The next two numbers represent the year: 07 means the water heater was from 2007.
Our team at Expert Plumbing Service, Inc. makes it simple to take care of your water heater regularly. We offer our customers a loyalty club member which includes same day services on any of your plumbing needs, a yearly plumbing inspection that includes a flush and drain on your water heater, and water savers investigations.
In addition, Expert Plumbing Service, Inc. is the factory authorized service center for tankless Navien water heaters as well as for State, AO Smith, Whirlpool, American & Reliance water heaters.
Don’t let an old water heater endanger your family. Schedule a maintenance appointment by calling our plumbers in New Lenox at (815) 402-3856 today. 24/7 emergency service available.
What Maintenance Does My Water Heater Need?
Besides the annual drain and flush service performed by our skilled plumbers, you can keep your water heater in top shape by performing a few care maintenance on a regular basis.
Follow our helpful tips below and enjoy a top performing water heater:
- Check regularly for water around the heater and listen for unusual noises.
- Consider lowering the water heater thermostat to 120 degrees to save money on your energy costs.
- Always maintain two feet of clearance around the water heater unless the manufacturer specifies otherwise.
- If you have an older water heater, you may want to consider adding a layer of insulation around it to help it hold heat and use less energy.
- Don’t forget to adjust the water heater to the lowest setting if you plan to be out of town. Some heaters have a built in “vacation” settings that you can easily switch on and off.
Your New Lenox water heater maintenance doesn’t have to be difficult, especially with Expert Plumbing Service, Inc. To schedule a repair or ask about our loyalty club, contact us today at (815) 402-3856.