Garbage Disposal Repair in New Lenox
Is Your Garbage Disposal Up To The Job?
A garbage disposal is an incredible convenient kitchen workhorse. It keeps your home more sanitary, reduces landfill waste, and helps protect the environment. If you throw your food waste in a garbage bag, you may attract insects, rats, raccoons, and more. A garbage disposal helps you avoid these hazards.
Keeping your garbage disposal in safe working condition is an important part of keeping your home sanitary and clean. Knowing when to call a plumber to service your New Lenox garbage disposal is vital.
Your garbage disposal is in need of repairs if you notice any of the following:
- The unit doesn’t turn on when you flip the switch
- You have to use the reset button regularly
- There’s a bad odor coming from the disposal
- The disposal takes an unusually long time to grind food items
- You hear a loud metal-on-metal noise when the disposal runs
- Water leaks from the disposal
You may be tempted to try a do-it-yourself fix, but that can be tricky. Your garbage disposal is composed of extremely sharp blades and it would be easy to hurt yourself or cause an electric shock from the power supply.
If you find yourself dealing with a faulty garbage disposal, call our professional New Lenox plumber at Expert Plumbing Service, Inc. We have over three decades of experience and we provide options based on what suits your unique needs. We offer financing options as well so your garbage disposal repairs are less likely to have a significant impact on your budget.
Don’t let a stinky or noisy garbage disposal ruin your day. Contact (815) 402-3856 to schedule a service today!
Daily Care of Your Garbage Disposal
It’s always best if you can avoid costly repairs to your garbage disposal. There are a variety of ways to ensure that your garbage disposal is running smoothly and prevent damage.
Below are some tips to keep in mind:
- Keep your garbage disposal clean and use it regularly to avoid rust and corrosion
- Always run a full stream of cold water while grinding to keep the disposal from overheating helps the debris go down the drain more quickly
- Don’t let debris sit in the disposal for a long time. Run it right away to avoid bacteria growth and clogs.
- Never put your hand in the drain
If your garbage disposal in New Lenox needs repair or replacement, call now to get the plumber your friends recommend at (815) 402-3856! 24/7 emergency services available.