Your plumbing system is made up of a series of pipes that carry water, soap, waste, and more from drains all over your household. While pipes are designed for this, unfortunately, natural wear and tear and build-up of debris and scum can stop the flow of your plumbing system in its tracks! Sometimes it just takes a New Lenox plumber to handle the drain cleaning and clog clearing, while other times it may be time for total home repiping for more optimal results.
Get your plumbing system flowing smoothly again with Joliet repiping services from our experts. Call (815) 402-3856!
Identifying the Causes of Leaky Pipes
When your home’s foundation settles naturally, it shifts everything above it. The settling can cause movement in the pipes and connections can separate. Unfortunately, even a tiny leak can cause an enormous amount of damage. There are a variety of other factors that can cause pipes to crack or separate and result in water damage to your home.
Causes Of Water Leaks Include:
- Broken seals on piping
- Frequent freezes
- Clogged lines
- Damaged pipe joints
- Separated pipe connections
- Excess water pressure
- Encroaching tree roots
Why You Should Regularly Check for Pipe Leaks
The good news is that if we catch a pipe leak early, we can repair it before it causes significant damage. If you've noticed a higher than usual water bill lately, mold and mildew, wet spots, or even rusty water, you may have a pipe issue. Our plumbing team is ready to deliver the Joliet piping or repiping services in that you need! Expert Plumbing Service provides solutions designed to fit your specific needs.
Why Are Your Pipes Corroding?
Copper piping is a pretty tough material but there are certain things that can damage your pipes and lead to corrosion. If this happens, you as the homeowner are left with the task of trying to find a way to get your pipes replaced. If you are experiencing any of the following issues in your home or business, reach out to the Joliet piping specialists at Expert Plumbing Service right away.
Common Reasons for Corrosion Include:
- Aggressive Water. This occurs when water is low in PH, has low alkalinity, and a higher amount of dissolved solids. Aggressive water can develop from a well or a whole house RO system. The de-mineralization produced by the RO is what causes the water to become aggressive.
- System Design Failure. An undersized potable water system or a system that is using sharp bends can cause excessive water velocity which can lead to corrosion.
- Faulty Workmanship. Pitting and erosion can also occur when a plumber doesn't deburr the inside of the copper water piping after it has been cut. We know it’s an extra step but it's necessary, as there are no warranty limitations on workmanship issues.
- Aggressive Flux. Up until a few years ago, the flux used to solder piping was petroleum-based and was not washed off after installation. If too much flux was used, pieces of it could get caught in the system and continue to eat away at the piping long after the system was up and running. Most major plumbing codes call for water-soluble fluxes now. So when the copper piping system is installed, water will dissolve any residual flux, thereby eliminating the chance of future erosion.
Comprehensive Services You Can Depend On
Whether you are in need of repiping services, have run into a frozen pipe issue, or have any other plumbing problem, Expert Plumbing Service is the team to call! Our highly skilled Joliet piping technicians know how to safely check for leaks, repipe certain areas, replace corroded pipes, and even quickly and effectively thaw pipes in winter emergencies before these issues can cause further damage.
“Teresa, the voice on the phone, was quick to rearrange schedules and get a plumber here quickly. Jeff and Keith were here to replace the toilet, and they were prompt, knowledgeable, and professional. They covered my carpeting to keep it clean.” - Mary