You need your home’s sump pump working without fail. Otherwise, water buildup could cause structural damage to your home or the foundation beneath. Standing water can also cause mold and mildew buildup, harming the air quality of your home and trigger asthma or allergies.
If your sump pump stops working, let Expert Plumbing Service, Inc. and our team of New Lenox sump pump repair pros fix it. In our 30+ years of industry experience, we have handled more than 100,000 plumbing jobs! Few other plumbing companies in Illinois can even get close to our level of experience.
Contact us now to schedule your Joliet sump pump repair service.
Common Reasons Why Sump Pumps Break
Even the best sump pumps on the market can break eventually. What is important is that you schedule routine maintenance to drastically lower the chances of your sump pump failing, and that you call on us right away if you notice it is not working. Our team of sump pump plumbers in Joliet have the training, tools, and know-how to appropriately address any sump pump failure.
Reasons why your sump pump might be malfunctioning:
- Overuse: Each sump pump is rated to handle up to a certain amount of water per hour. If your sump pump has been working nonstop for hours to try to drain the water beneath your home, then it could burn out its own motor.
- Dry use: A sump pump that runs without any water to pump can also cause damage to its own motor, similar to trying to run a car engine without any oil.
- Clog: Dirt or debris that gets into a sump pump’s discharge pipe can cause a clog. As the sump pump tries to work against the resistance caused by clog, it can cause stress and a break.
- Wear and tear: As with any mechanical device, general wear and tear experienced by a sump pump can cause a break, especially around the moving parts of the system.
- Incorrect installation: If you let anyone other than Expert Plumbing Service, Inc. install your sump pump, then it might have been done wrong! An incorrectly installed sump pump can break for any number of reasons.
Need a sump pump repair in New Lenox? Call (815) 402-3856 now!
“Teresa, the voice on the phone, was quick to rearrange schedules and get a plumber here quickly. Jeff and Keith were here to replace the toilet, and they were prompt, knowledgeable, and professional. They covered my carpeting to keep it clean.” - Mary