Joliet Drain Cleaning
Does Your Water Go Where It Should?
Drains are often out of sight and therefore people do not think about them very much. People assume that when water goes down a drain, it goes somewhere outside and is gone. That is how it’s supposed to work.
However, when your drains and pipes are clogged, water doesn’t leave your home. It stays in pipes or leaks into other areas of the house. If you are dealing with a clogged drain in your home, you can count on the New Lenox plumbers at Expert Plumbing Service for prompt, efficient drain cleaning services in Joliet.
A festering clog can endanger your health and make your home unpleasant. Don’t ignore it–contact your Joliet plumbing expert today at (815) 402-3856!
What Happens When Your Drains Are Clogged?
- Backed up water can breed bacteria
- Odors will come from the clogged sink or toilet
- Blockages can increase pressure in pipes causing leaks or flooding
- Overlooked blocked drains and pipes can cause structural damage to a home
When to Call a Joliet Plumber for a Drain Clog
Many homeowners feel that a clogged drain is something that they should be able to handle on their own. However, many do-it-yourself fixes do more harm than good. In addition to our drain cleaning services, we also provide expert water heater installation and repairs!
Signs I Need Drain Cleaning:
- Slow Draining -
Have you noticed that your kitchen sink seems to be draining slower than usual? This could be due to a build up of grease, soap scum or another object that is blocking your drain pipes and not allowing water to drain through.
- Frequent Clogs -
Don't assume that your drain or toilet constantly clogging is just a coincidence. If you have to frequently unclog your drains, you may be well on your way to having a major clog inside of your home. Don't ignore this sign, give us a call to help!
- Gurgling Noises -
If you hear a strange noise like gurgling coming from your toilet, it could be that their are pockets of air trapped within your drainage piping and are being released when you flush your toilet.
- Unpleasant Smell -
If your drain pipes have sewage or food waste and there is a buildup in the piping, it can create a very unpleasant smell within your home. As the gas that is caught in the pipes will make it's way up through the pipes and into your home.
HOw Often Should You Have Your Drain Cleaned?
The frequency of drain cleaning will be different for everyone and depend on a number of factors. The main factors include the drain's age, the size of people in the home, and the frequency of drain usage. A good rule of thumb is to have a licensed plumber clean your drains one time during the year. To get the best answer, be sure to contact your local plumbing company.
Problems With DIY Drain Cleaning in Joliet:
- Chemicals: Using a chemical drain cleaning compound is a standard solution that homeowners use. Unfortunately, this causes additional damage to your drain and pipes. The solution is designed to eat through the clog, clearing the drain. However, the caustic compound is also eating away your pipes, weakening them and increasing the chances of leaks or flooding.
- Plungers & Snakes: Homeowners also use plungers and a purchased plumbing snake to clear drains. Regrettably, it’s easy to misuse both of these tools. If you use the plunger in the wrong way, you can create too much pressure and damage the pipe, sink, or toilet. Using a plumber’s snake incorrectly, on the other hand, can cause excessive force and damage the drain and pipe.
Clogs have different origins, and there is no one-size-fits-all solution to New Lenox drain cleaning. Instead, let the Joliet drain cleaning professionals at Expert Plumbing Service handle it for you. We will diagnose the problem and give you all your options before making any repair. Take a look at our testimonials!
Contact us today at (815) 402-3856 to schedule your Joliet drain cleaning service. 24/7 emergency services available.
“Teresa, the voice on the phone, was quick to rearrange schedules and get a plumber here quickly. Jeff and Keith were here to replace the toilet, and they were prompt, knowledgeable, and professional. They covered my carpeting to keep it clean.” - Mary